Forum: RSpec shoud error

902654bac6dff9567f018bd2ed933151?d=identicon&s=25 Nicholas Van Weerdenburg (Guest)
I had some tests where I accidently used ".shoud" instead of ".should".

There was no error, and all tests passed no matter what. Is the the
correct
behaviour or should there be an error if you mispell should?

Thanks,
Nick
On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 7:51 AM, Nicholas Van Weerdenburg
<vanweerd@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I had some tests where I accidently used ".shoud" instead of ".should".
> There was no error, and all tests passed no matter what. Is the the correct
> behaviour or should there be an error if you mispell should?

Normally there would be an error, but if the object that you're
sending shoud to is a stub set to ignore calls it doesn't understand,
then it would just ignore it. If that's not the problem, please show
us some code.

David
902654bac6dff9567f018bd2ed933151?d=identicon&s=25 Nicholas Van Weerdenburg (Guest)
That would be it. I got confused between @messenger (StringIO) in
Cucumber
and @messenger in RSpec (mock) in the RSpec book and though I was
looking at