Forum: JRuby Jruby on Rails on Tomcat

8d083e133c99dc6123a97baefd0c0480?d=identicon&s=25 Ze lo (zelo)
on 2009-04-29 11:01
Hi everybody
I need your help to deploy a JRuby application on Tomcat
I created the war file and copy to the Tomcat webapps folder
Then I see my first page but without colour, background etc... and all
my link aren't good
Besides If I try to go to an other pages (localhost:8080/myapp/sites) I
obtain an error 500

Can you help me please ?
F0ef6d9788d3ee261b44e954b8bd6308?d=identicon&s=25 Julian Young (juliany)
on 2009-04-30 11:38
Ze lo wrote:
> Hi everybody
> I need your help to deploy a JRuby application on Tomcat
> I created the war file and copy to the Tomcat webapps folder
> Then I see my first page but without colour, background etc... and all
> my link aren't good
> Besides If I try to go to an other pages (localhost:8080/myapp/sites) I
> obtain an error 500
>
> Can you help me please ?

I am working on similar problems. can you provide some more info;

How are you creating your war?

Julian
8d083e133c99dc6123a97baefd0c0480?d=identicon&s=25 Ze lo (zelo)
on 2009-04-30 12:05
Julian Young wrote:

> I am working on similar problems. can you provide some more info;
>
> How are you creating your war?
>
> Julian

I create my war thanks to warbler :
jruby -S warble war

ZeLo
8d083e133c99dc6123a97baefd0c0480?d=identicon&s=25 Ze lo (zelo)
I forgot to tell you the error written in my log file:
LoadError (Expected
C:\Prog/ApacheSF/Tomcat_6.0/webapps/Wiki3/WEB-INF/app/models/user_version.rb
to define UserVersion)
although file user_version exits and define UserVersion
class UserVersion < Version

I don't know why, so if you can help me ...
Thanks
8d083e133c99dc6123a97baefd0c0480?d=identicon&s=25 Ze lo (zelo)
on 2009-05-05 11:24
Ze lo wrote:
> Hi,
> I forgot to tell you the error written in my log file:
> LoadError (Expected
> C:\Prog/ApacheSF/Tomcat_6.0/webapps/Wiki3/WEB-INF/app/models/user_version.rb
> to define UserVersion)
> although file user_version exits and define UserVersion
> class UserVersion < Version
>
> I don't know why, so if you can help me ...
> Thanks

I retry all the process and I obtain a different error :
no such file to load -- diff/lcs
and after updating my page, the first error appears
8d083e133c99dc6123a97baefd0c0480?d=identicon&s=25 Ze lo (zelo)
on 2009-05-12 14:51
Ze lo wrote:
> Ze lo wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I forgot to tell you the error written in my log file:
>> LoadError (Expected
>> C:\Prog/ApacheSF/Tomcat_6.0/webapps/Wiki3/WEB-INF/app/models/user_version.rb
>> to define UserVersion)
>> although file user_version exits and define UserVersion
>> class UserVersion < Version
>>
>> I don't know why, so if you can help me ...
>> Thanks
>
> I retry all the process and I obtain a different error :
> no such file to load -- diff/lcs
> and after updating my page, the first error appears

I found the solution ! My ruby application need a plugin xhtmldiff and
it's this plugin which require the diff/lcs. If I comment the require in
file xhtmldiff.rb, my application nearly works
However, I have a problem: I can consult the web site but the wiki which
should be added is not here ... whereas with mongrel it does
Any help can be useful , thanks