Forum: Ruby on Rails Complex relationships

2e40e0748da35936dce13467aa06ac5c?d=identicon&s=25 DVG (Guest)
Currently, I have 3 models
User
Group
Permission

Users and Groups have a HABTM relationship and Groups and Permissions
have a HABTM relationship.

For purposes of authorization, I need to know if a user belongs to a
particular group that has a particlar permission to determine if they
can perform an operation.

What's the best way to go about this?
2db5f4b482c518a60ce0430ce5ce5965?d=identicon&s=25 Chris Strom (Guest)
On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 10:10 AM, DVG <devryguy@gmail.com> wrote:
> particular group that has a particlar permission to determine if they
> can perform an operation.

Have the user ask its groups if any of them have the permission in
question:

target_permission = Permission.find(...)
user.groups.any? do |group|
  group.permissions.include?(target_permission)}