Forum: RSpec Cucumber custome reports

B9c0c3b93ee04b69f1cb121ce39f06f2?d=identicon&s=25 Sarath Menon (sarathx)

I need to create a custom report based on cucumber output. I am thinking
of two ways to do this.

1. Either I have to write a java application to fetch the values like
execution time for each scenarios along with its name, status etc from
cucumber in runtime. Is that possible?

2. Or write a xml formatter in cucumber and get the cucumber reports in
xml format and fetch the values from this xml report.

I would like to use the first option if such a support is available.
> Hi,
>
> I need to create a custom report based on cucumber output. I am thinking
> of two ways to do this.
>

> 1. Either I have to write a java application to fetch the values like
> execution time for each scenarios along with its name, status etc from
> cucumber in runtime. Is that possible?

A java application?? Not sure what you mean here :-)

> 2. Or write a xml formatter in cucumber and get the cucumber reports in
> xml format and fetch the values from this xml report.

Sounds like a much better idea.
http://wiki.github.com/aslakhellesoy/cucumber/cust...

Aslak
B9c0c3b93ee04b69f1cb121ce39f06f2?d=identicon&s=25 Sarath Menon (sarathx)
on 2009-04-28 09:56
My actual question is, Is there any api that the cucumber offer which
can be accessed to get the necessary data in the run time.

http://wiki.github.com/aslakhellesoy/cucumber/hooks