Forum: RSpec Error using Norwegian with cucumber

9f194f882071f4457283c403e2f322b2?d=identicon&s=25 Peter Nicolai Motzfeldt (Guest)
Hi

I am experiencing a problem when using Cucumber with Norwegian language.
have added the files and the stacktrace on gist:
http://gist.github.com/102438

The problem is that when we use NÃ¥r (When) and SÃ¥ (Then) in the steps
file,
it fails with a parser error. If we switch all NÃ¥r and SÃ¥ with Gitt
(Given),
then all works as it should.

So it seems it does not figure out the å letter. We are certain that all
files are UTF-8.

Any help is appreciated :-)

- Peter
> Hi
>
> I am experiencing a problem when using Cucumber with Norwegian language. I
> have added the files and the stacktrace on gist:
> http://gist.github.com/102438
>
> The problem is that when we use NÃ¥r (When) and SÃ¥ (Then) in the steps file,
> it fails with a parser error. If we switch all NÃ¥r and SÃ¥ with Gitt (Given),
> then all works as it should.

What happens when you run the Norwegian examples that come with the gem?
Stand in the root folder and run:
ruby bin/cucumber examples/i18n/no/features -l no

> So it seems it does not figure out the å letter. We are certain that all
> files are UTF-8.

What editor have you used? I have experienced that several Windows
editors
*don't* save files properly in UTF format - even when you twist their
arm
:-)
Could you attach the ruby steps file?

Also - try one of the following:

a) Create features/support/env.rb and add:
$KCODE='u'
require 'cucumber/formatter/unicode'

Also see http://wiki.github.com/aslakhellesoy/cucumber/trou...

Aslak