Forum: Ruby on Rails Test::Unit reports are a pain to read

Does Test::Unit output unreadable test results on purpose?

It's always a huge pain to:
- identify in which test file the error occured
- which test failed
- where in my application code the error was raised

Is there a way to format that output in a better way? Use colors?
Fernando Perez wrote:

> Does Test::Unit output unreadable test results on purpose?
>
> It's always a huge pain to:
> - identify in which test file the error occured
> - which test failed
> - where in my application code the error was raised

How often do you run the tests?

If you run them after the fewest possible edits (ideally one line, up to
10
edits at the most), then the spew becomes less important.

 > Is there a way to format that output in a better way? Use colors?

Does autotest read the spew, colorize it, and print that out?

--
   Phlip
   http://flea.sourceforge.net/resume.html
> Fernando Perez wrote:
>
>> Does Test::Unit output unreadable test results on purpose?
>>
>> It's always a huge pain to:
>> - identify in which test file the error occured
>> - which test failed
>> - where in my application code the error was raised

I forgot my other pet peeve with Rails:

Your editor is supposed to parse the test outputs and give each of those
details
back to you with keystrokes...

--
Fernando Perez wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does Test::Unit output unreadable test results on purpose?
[...]

Best,
--
Marnen Laibow-Koser