Forum: Ruby on Rails Which Chapters from Agile Web will help me in Rails 3.0

47d830eac588cc5fd0364dd64205ab45?d=identicon&s=25 Rahil Kumar (rahil)
on 2009-04-24 10:05
I am not so experienced when it comes to rails development.

I have my own book " Agile Web Development with rails 3rd Edition "
which covers Rails 2.2.

I know many things have changed in Rails 2.3x and many would change
again in Rails 3.0 as well.

I don't know, which chapters would help me in Rails 3.0. Since Rails 3.0
is not released in more confused.

Can the Authors or Teachers or Experienced developers can guide, giving
me chapters nos. that will help to move ahead with Rails 3.0

Thanks

Rahil
40db9e75b3f5899258e3bdc0c9210154?d=identicon&s=25 Conrad Taylor (conradwt)
On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 1:05 AM, Rahil Kumar <
rails-mailing-list@andreas-s.net> wrote:

> is not released in more confused.
>
> Can the Authors or Teachers or Experienced developers can guide, giving
> me chapters nos. that will help to move ahead with Rails 3.0
>
> Thanks
>
> Rahil

Rahil, I would recommend reading the entire book if you're new to Rails
as
preparation for the forthcoming Rails 3.0.  Why?  The current Rails
construct
will work as expected in Rails 3.0.  If you haven't read/viewed the
following, I
would recommend that you do so at this time:

http://weblog.rubyonrails.org/2008/12/23/merb-gets...
http://railsonedge.blogspot.com/2009/03/yehuda-kat...

Good luck,

-Conrad
40db9e75b3f5899258e3bdc0c9210154?d=identicon&s=25 Conrad Taylor (conradwt)
On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 1:49 AM, Conrad Taylor <conradwt@gmail.com>
wrote:

>> again in Rails 3.0 as well.
>>
> http://railsonedge.blogspot.com/2009/03/yehuda-kat...
>
> Good luck,
>
> -Conrad

Rahil, I would also recommend that you read the following if you haven't
already
done so:

http://guides.rubyonrails.org/2_3_release_notes.html
http://pragprog.wikidot.com/changes-in-rails-2-3