Forum: JRuby Gem Proxy

023f25e0c412c152838d953254800a6e?d=identicon&s=25 Luke Pillow (Guest)
Hello,

I'm sure this is already a solved problem, but I'm trying to perform gem
installations with jruby -S gem install rails from behind a corporate
proxy.

I have tried setting my env HTTP_PROXY, but I'm not having any luck.
I'm
also working on windows with probably an NTLM authenticated proxy and
have
read that some people have successfully installed rubysspi, but I don't
believe that is compatible with JRuby.

Would someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks
1c1e3bdfe006a22214102fcd6434a012?d=identicon&s=25 Daniel Sheppard (Guest)
You should install either ntlmaps or cntlm and use that as a proxy
between you and the ms proxy.

________________________________

  I'm sure this is already a solved problem, but I'm trying to
perform gem installations with jruby -S gem install rails from behind a
corporate proxy.

  I have tried setting my env HTTP_PROXY, but I'm not having any
luck.  I'm also working on windows with probably an NTLM authenticated
proxy and have read that some people have successfully installed
rubysspi, but I don't believe that is compatible with JRuby.

  Would someone please point me in the right direction?

  Thanks
023f25e0c412c152838d953254800a6e?d=identicon&s=25 Luke Pillow (Guest)
Thanks Daniel.  I'll take a look at it tomorrow.