Forum: NGINX Nginx "Bug"?

Cf81450be770510e55e4acdb48ea9837?d=identicon&s=25 Paul (Guest)

I don't know if Igor Sysoev is aware of this:

When running nginx in debug mode (I was debugging a custom module for
nginx
in gdb):
master_process  off;
daemon off;
Nginx breaks down when sending a HUP signal (reload configuration), it
just
closes the connections after they were established.

I was testing it with many modules and some patches on 0.7.51 with extra
compile options -o0 and -ggdb, but I did another test without any
options
given to ./configure with 0.7.52 and the problem occures there too.

I don't know if Igor Sysoev does care about it because those option are
only for debugging, but just to let you know.

greetings,
Paul van der Linden
5640e332954fc0006aea97a155ce0afd?d=identicon&s=25 Igor Sysoev (Guest)
On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 02:07:09PM +0200, Paul wrote:

> I was testing it with many modules and some patches on 0.7.51 with extra
> compile options -o0 and -ggdb, but I did another test without any options
> given to ./configure with 0.7.52 and the problem occures there too.
>
> I don't know if Igor Sysoev does care about it because those option are
> only for debugging, but just to let you know.

The segfault occurs with "master_process  off" only.
And yes, this mode is intended for debugging only.

As to "daemon off", there are no segfaults.
Cf81450be770510e55e4acdb48ea9837?d=identicon&s=25 Paul (Guest)
Hi
On Thu, 23 Apr 2009 16:33:03 +0400, Igor Sysoev wrote:

> The segfault occurs with "master_process  off" only.
> And yes, this mode is intended for debugging only.
>
> As to "daemon off", there are no segfaults.

I don't get a segfault (nginx keeps running and gdb doesn't complain
about
anything), but nginx just closes the connection. But know I know it is
not
my own modules/patches which screws things up. Thanks