Forum: Ruby Maxsize error in exporting excel file

7e011b375430d7c082a39bf146202ba6?d=identicon&s=25 Ganesh Kumar (ganesh_rljit)
  I am having exporting data to excel file from one report in our
project.But the report contains more than 5 lack records so the parse
excel gem it is giving "max size error" Plz reply me if anybody knows
solution

Thanks and regards
Ganesh
637e16a0a94b259b10c3d3691c281dfe?d=identicon&s=25 Dan Fitzpatrick (Guest)
You need to patch the spreadsheet lib with ruby-ole to fix the MaxSize
error:

http://code.google.com/p/ruby-ole/wiki/ExcelPatches

Dan
D2f4861bb915581c2aca4fc9f2c8015d?d=identicon&s=25 Deepa Rajendran (deeparaj)
on 2009-05-07 06:48
Dan Fitzpatrick wrote:
> You need to patch the spreadsheet lib with ruby-ole to fix the MaxSize
> error:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/ruby-ole/wiki/ExcelPatches
>
> Dan

sir,

I tried what you said there but i found the Maxsize error.Could you plz
explain how to patch spreadsheet/excel with ruby-ole in order to avoid
maxsize error.

                                    thanks