Forum: JRuby Connect fails on named ip but not localhost

F0ef6d9788d3ee261b44e954b8bd6308?d=identicon&s=25 Julian Young (juliany)
on 2009-04-23 08:57
Dear all,

I have jruby running and can connect as localhost:3000 or 127.0.0.1:3000
but when i try to connect the mymachinename:3000 i get a connection
failure.  this happen both with webrick and mongrel, so i believe the
common denominator is jruby as i don't have the problem with regular
ruby

any thoughts really appreciated

regards

Julian
F0ef6d9788d3ee261b44e954b8bd6308?d=identicon&s=25 Julian Young (juliany)
on 2009-04-25 08:12
I solved my own problem. it turns out that this occurs with normal ruby
as well when the server is started in netbeans.  star it your self and
there is not problem