Forum: GNU Radio KD7LMO Killed while bicycling

3719f4fea703e38bcbf8de6fe6bcdf55?d=identicon&s=25 Martin DvH (Guest)
I am sorry to bring you this sad news.

I found this information on:

"KD7LMO Killed while bicycling
We have received word that Michael Gray, KD7LMO, was killed Sunday,
April 12,  while bicycling to visit his parents. This occurred about
3:30 P.M. on Maricopa Road near the Maricopa Fire Department. Initial
information was that he was bicyling with two friends, when he was
struck from behind by a drunk driver ."

Many Gnuradio users used his OTA (of-the-air) capture files on

http://www.kd7lmo.net/ground_gnuradio_ota.html

This allowed them to start playing with Gnuradio without the need of an
USRP.

The website seems to be down now.

Michael Gray was active with ballooning with ANSR (Arizona Near Space
Research)

He will be missed.

Martin Dudok van Heel
On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 07:33:55PM +0200, Martin DvH wrote:
> struck from behind by a drunk driver ."
Thanks for posting this.

> Many Gnuradio users used his OTA (of-the-air) capture files on
>
> http://www.kd7lmo.net/ground_gnuradio_ota.html
>
> This allowed them to start playing with Gnuradio without the need of an
> USRP.
>
> The website seems to be down now.

FYI, I've got a static copy of the web site as of a few days ago.

Eric
72573690d4ab1e21a8c8a53b4654966b?d=identicon&s=25 Juha Vierinen (Guest)
> "KD7LMO Killed while bicycling
> We have received word that Michael Gray, KD7LMO, was killed Sunday,
> April 12,  while bicycling to visit his parents. This occurred about
> 3:30 P.M. on Maricopa Road near the Maricopa Fire Department. Initial
> information was that he was bicyling with two friends, when he was
> struck from behind by a drunk driver ."

This is a pitty. I started working with gnuradio with the help of his
example code and capture files.

My condolences to his family and friends,
Juha
Ac4295e98c43816f3b186d069dd12b5a?d=identicon&s=25 Don Latham (Guest)
Martin:
sorry, most assuredly the news. Your post was timely and well-received.
Sorry not to be clear :-)
Don
Martin DvH

--