Forum: Ruby on Rails how many hits per second can Rails support on dreamhost?

Eb71c362ddeda80c2668d2575e97bc70?d=identicon&s=25 winter heat (winterheat)
on 2009-04-22 18:02
i wonder what is a ballpark number that Rails can support for number of
hits per second, if we are hosting RoR on

1) dreamhost or netfirms
2) as a separate virtual server
3) as a standalone machine

maybe even 1 hit per second can be ok if that means

86400 page view can be served per day...  if the expected page view is
how 300 per day.  thanks.
Eb71c362ddeda80c2668d2575e97bc70?d=identicon&s=25 winter heat (winterheat)
on 2009-04-22 18:06
SpringFlowers AutumnMoon wrote:
> i wonder what is a ballpark number that Rails can support for number of
> hits per second, if we are hosting RoR on
>
> 1) dreamhost or netfirms
> 2) as a separate virtual server
> 3) as a standalone machine
>
> maybe even 1 hit per second can be ok if that means
>
> 86400 page view can be served per day...  if the expected page view is
> how 300 per day.  thanks.

or if on Heroku?  any people have experience with that?  thanks.