Forum: GNU Radio Re: cycle/period detection of a cyclic/periodic transmitter

3d593de8acbe2510722af740d8668352?d=identicon&s=25 Firas Abbas (Guest)

> On Wed, 4/22/09, kaleem ahmad <kaleem_str@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to detect the cycle (or period) time of a cyclic data
> transmitter by sensing the channel. The transmitter can be any general e.g.
> FSK/ZigBee/Bluetooth etc, and transmitting a fixed packet after every 'T'
> ms. I am interested to detect this T using GNURadio/USRP.

You info is not enough.

For a cyclic transmitter there is a transmission duty cycle and
repetition cycle. From what I understand, you are trying to measure
repitition cycle.

But,

What is the duty cycle of your transmitter (the time it will stay ON)?

For example, Blue tooth is a frequency hopping device. It hops 1600
hop/sec. This means the duty cycle for it is 625usec.

Best Regards,

Firas
895162eb8f65673b6eefca9e7e8acf62?d=identicon&s=25 Kaleem Ahmad (kaleem)
Thanks Firas,

The transmitter which I want to detect the cycle for (You are correct
that I
want to find that repitition cycle). I am little bit confused to know
what
is the duty cycle of it. But I can simply tell that it always transmitt
fix packet (with bitrate=500kbps) of 1220 micro sec including preamble.
It
means that after every T ms (T is repetition cycle time and can be a
fixed
value from range: 1ms...200ms, I selected 10ms for ablove given data) it
transmitts a 1220 microsec long signal.

Is it sufficient???

Could you have a look at code and especially the decimation process and
the
filter_coefficients???

Best Regards