Forum: Ruby on Rails Ruby ecommerce options

9d628767875bdbcae2fb929dc4556a1c?d=identicon&s=25 mike (Guest)
I am looking into setting up a storefront, what are some good ruby
store front solutions, what is everyone using?
8ba5f53b5629715a11c9aecfd9d5392e?d=identicon&s=25 Fernando Sáenz (Guest)
I know Substruct - http://code.google.com/p/substruct/
But I never use it, so we can give you an opinion
782b01570270ab10543bc25a258d7ea8?d=identicon&s=25 Dmitry Sokurenko (Guest)
Unfortunately there are no good e-commerce framework for Rails.

There are 3 as far as I know:
- already mentioned Substruct, the most popular; I've tried to
customize it once -- very messy codebase, use it only if you like it
as-as
- Spree (spreehq.org), a bit better, can be used as a starting point
- Potionstore (potionfactory.com/potionstore) -- only for selling
software.

So, in my opinion, if you need a simple store use one of those as is
(or look for carts written in some other web frameworks), but if you
need a decent store -- write a custom one.

Dmitry
4098ef08ed2ee3eabeb0ddf0ec03f783?d=identicon&s=25 Frank Kim (Guest)
What is your opinion of using PHP packages instead of Ruby on Rails?
It seems they are more mature and possibly easier to implement,
especially if you need something quick.

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 12:04 PM, Dmitry Sokurenko
<Dmitry.Sokurenko@gmail.com> wrote:

> For more options, visit this group at

Frank Kim
http://betweengo.com/
4aa68459c2be35df4e301c2747741fc7?d=identicon&s=25 Amar Daxini (amardaxini)
on 2010-03-04 06:39
Frank Kim wrote:
> What is your opinion of using PHP packages instead of Ruby on Rails?
> It seems they are more mature and possibly easier to implement,
> especially if you need something quick.
>
> On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 12:04 PM, Dmitry Sokurenko
> <Dmitry.Sokurenko@gmail.com> wrote:

> --
> Frank Kim
> http://betweengo.com/