Forum: GNU Radio Logic utilization of standard USRP2 configuration

B2f0d7e117aedfc1b59df3e0f634c958?d=identicon&s=25 Carl Ingemarsson (Guest)
Hello!

I wonder how much of the FPGA on the USRP2 that is utilized.

From an earlier discussion on this list I know that the block ram usage
is
to large for the standard configuration to fit into a xc3s1500, how much
larger is it and what other resources are used?

And also: Is it expected that the configuration will grow from the
current
size?

best regards, Carl
On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 9:17 AM, Carl Ingemarsson
<carl.ingemarsson@gmail.com> wrote:

> I wonder how much of the FPGA on the USRP2 that is utilized.

We're using about half the logic, most of the block rams, and about
half the multipliers.

From the synthesis report of the current trunk:

Device utilization summary:
---------------------------

Selected Device : 3s2000fg456-5

 Number of Slices:                    11104  out of  20480    54%
 Number of Slice Flip Flops:          12657  out of  40960    30%
 Number of 4 input LUTs:              20212  out of  40960    49%
    Number used as logic:             18130
    Number used as Shift registers:    1058
    Number used as RAMs:               1024
 Number of IOs:                         309
 Number of bonded IOBs:                 301  out of    333    90%
    IOB Flip Flops:                     261
 Number of BRAMs:                        34  out of     40    85%
 Number of MULT18X18s:                   16  out of     40    40%
 Number of GCLKs:                         6  out of      8    75%
 Number of DCMs:                          1  out of      4    25%

> And also: Is it expected that the configuration will grow from the current
> size?

Yes.

Johnathan