Forum: Ruby on Rails Form - Tick boxes in related table

0506f45fe389025e7028be36514142ea?d=identicon&s=25 mikej (Guest)
Sure this one is solved somewhere, but couldn't find it.

I have a table which has a related table (has many through).  I wish
to choose 1 or more items in the related table with a check box.  For
example, if I had a table with group one, group two and group three
and a list of clients.  I would like to have a form so that given a
client, (in the edit client form), I can assign a client to one or
more groups.

How would I construct a form to achieve this using a reasonable
succinct controller?

Many thanks,

Mike
5772c599ccab3081e0fffb1d54f3b6de?d=identicon&s=25 Andrew Timberlake (andrewtimberlake)
On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 2:46 PM, mikej <mikejeremiah@gmail.com> wrote:
> How would I construct a form to achieve this using a reasonable
> succinct controller?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Mike

Have a look at fields_for which you can use for linked models
http://api.rubyonrails.org/classes/ActionView/Help...

There is also Nested Object Forms in Rails 2.3
http://guides.rubyonrails.org/2_3_release_notes.ht...

Andrew Timberlake
http://ramblingsonrails.com