Forum: Ruby on Rails sessions not working for active_record_store

9c3ca68871c5e2218e8e4a0d73f6b684?d=identicon&s=25 Rajat Garg (rajatgarg)
I just upgraded to rails 2.3.2 from rails 1.2.x and one of the issue
was that I was getting an error of CookieOverflow.

Setup is Apache+Phusion+Rails 2.3.2+Mysql

So, I switched to active_record_store by uncommenting this line in
enviroment.rb and creating sessions table -

config.action_controller.session_store = :active_record_store

Now, I am trying to set various values in session like -

session[:affiliate_id] = _affilID

But this is not working.

No error message is generated either. When I try to do
session.inspect, couple of variables are getting set (all from 1
action in application_controller) -

{:guest_clicks_count=>1}

Any ideas where the issue is?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards, Rajat
On Apr 21, 7:23 am, Rajat Garg <raja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Now, I am trying to set various values in session like -
>
> session[:affiliate_id] = _affilID
>
> But this is not working.
>
> No error message is generated either. When I try to do
> session.inspect, couple of variables are getting set (all from 1
> action in application_controller) -

Did you restart your browser and the app after doing this? Also check
that your session data isn't bigger than the column you're trying to
store it in.

Fred
9c3ca68871c5e2218e8e4a0d73f6b684?d=identicon&s=25 Rajat Garg (rajatgarg)
I have done both....also, i expanded data to type largetext (in
sessions table).

I am facing a weird problem now....we are setting layouts based on
subdomain in before_filter. Unfortunately, moment we do a search and a
redirect happens, it does not render layout file at all and instead
starts dumping just the inner content.

Any ideas?

Is this also session related or something else?

Please help.

On Apr 21, 12:09 am, Frederick Cheung <frederick.che...@gmail.com>