Forum: GNU Radio GRC:Suitable Sink required

D27693ca4163f9da8528c5c42f325574?d=identicon&s=25 Saleem Akhtar (Guest)

I am trying to implement a periodogram in gnu radio.
http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/1606/powerdetectorgrc.png

Currently, I am stuck in deciding what sink i should use and how. I
want the output in the the form of an array so that I can have
calculations on the periodogram samples. As the input are the realtime
complex
baseband samples from the USRP (here shown with a signal source), thus
the sink should be flexible enough to be updated. Thus I think that a
fixed length float vector sink doesnt suits here. I dont know how to
proceed from here :-)

Regards,
Ali
4252201ac30d6dd44d8090ce1070e35f?d=identicon&s=25 Josh Blum (Guest)
You should probably start by looking at the existing wx gui sinks, copy
and modify one:
http://gnuradio.org/trac/browser/gnuradio/trunk/gr...

The vector sink is not what you want here.

-Josh
B22e1b01ee2edc1bdd77eeb90fd4d5b4?d=identicon&s=25 Martin Braun (Guest)
On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 08:04:13PM -0700, Saleem Akhtar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to implement a periodogram in gnu radio.
> http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/1606/powerdetectorgrc.png

If it's any help,
all periodogram-based spectral analysis methods are part of
https://www.cgran.org/wiki/SpecEst.

Martin