Forum: Ruby Delete Enitre column in excel using ruby code

16f82f5caa12038965397b3fd6ca3bec?d=identicon&s=25 ruby learner (idealone)
on 2009-04-19 15:30
Hi All,
         I need to delete entire column(GB) in excel using ruby code.
let me whether i should write some code or is there a way to call an
macro in excel.
whichever is simpler or easy way to maintain.
Bfa670ef2303deb7dec5a8027367b30b?d=identicon&s=25 David Mullet (mully)
on 2009-04-19 17:46
Idealone Ideally wrote:
> Hi All,
>          I need to delete entire column(GB) in excel using ruby code.
> let me whether i should write some code or is there a way to call an
> macro in excel.
> whichever is simpler or easy way to maintain.

Where ws is your Worksheet object:

  ws.Columns('GB').Delete

More info on automating Excel with Ruby can be found here:

  http://rubyonwindows.blogspot.com/search/label/excel

David

http://rubyonwindows.blogspot.com