Forum: Ruby generate dictionary conents from ri for the Apple Dictionary

006c8999bb0a63e9cd98c39d8e47f359?d=identicon&s=25 Jaewoong kim Crossbreeze (crossbreeze)
on 2009-04-17 19:45
Hi, all

I just made a simple ruby script that reads the RI yaml file from the
local drive and generate the dictionary content which you can use via
Apple Dictionary Application. What's more important is that I put it up
on my GitHub repository. You can find it here <a
href="http://github.com/crossbreeze/apple_dic_generator_...

The code looks really ugly. But as I am pretty new to Ruby world, I
figured I would learn much faster and better from other people's
comment, advice or even contribution to the source code. If interested,
take a look at the code and improve it.

Best,
Jaewoong Kim
006c8999bb0a63e9cd98c39d8e47f359?d=identicon&s=25 Jaewoong kim Crossbreeze (crossbreeze)
on 2009-04-17 19:47
Jaewoong kim Crossbreeze wrote:
> Hi, all
>
> I just made a simple ruby script that reads the RI yaml file from the
> local drive and generate the dictionary content which you can use via
> Apple Dictionary Application. What's more important is that I put it up
> on my GitHub repository. You can find it here <a

href="http://github.com/crossbreeze/apple_dic_generator_...

> The code looks really ugly. But as I am pretty new to Ruby world, I
> figured I would learn much faster and better from other people's
> comment, advice or even contribution to the source code. If interested,
> take a look at the code and improve it.
>
> Best,
> Jaewoong Kim

woops, the link is broken