Forum: Ruby on Rails how to download the source

84161f131a41bf1b730a7a4fbfd9068d?d=identicon&s=25 Vaibhav Deshpande (vaibhavdeshpandemca)
on 2009-04-16 18:10
How to download the source from rails cast (www.railscasts.com)web site,
i have seen the will_paginate(episode -51) rails cast but, i unable to
download the source coad of that screen cast, plz tell me the method to
download or read that coad so that i can understood that coad more
efficiently.
plz be more specific,

thanks in advance,
vaibhavi
36ed63ef68c172f148c491418395d0b5?d=identicon&s=25 David Knorr (Guest)
On 16 Apr., 18:10, Vaibhav Deshpande <rails-mailing-l...@andreas-
s.net> wrote:
> How to download the source from rails cast (www.railscasts.com)website,
> i have seen the will_paginate(episode -51) rails cast but, i unable to
> download the source coad of that screen cast, plz tell me the method to
> download or read that coad so that i can understood that coad more
> efficiently.
> plz be more specific,
>
> thanks in advance,
> vaibhavi

1. Go to http://github.com/ryanb/railscasts-episodes/tree/master
2. Press the "Download" button
3. Select format
4. Unpack after download
5. Browse the sourcecode of episode 51 in the "episode-51" directory.

--
Best regards,
David Knorr
David Knorr wrote:
> On 16 Apr., 18:10, Vaibhav Deshpande <rails-mailing-l...@andreas-
> s.net> wrote:
>> How to download the source from rails cast (www.railscasts.com)website,
>> i have seen the will_paginate(episode -51) rails cast but, i unable to
>> download the source coad of that screen cast, plz tell me the method to
>> download or read that coad so that i can understood that coad more
>> efficiently.
>> plz be more specific,
>>
>> thanks in advance,
>> vaibhavi
>
> 1. Go to http://github.com/ryanb/railscasts-episodes/tree/master
> 2. Press the "Download" button
> 3. Select format
> 4. Unpack after download
> 5. Browse the sourcecode of episode 51 in the "episode-51" directory.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> David Knorr
> http://twitter.com/rubyguy

Thanks for the replay

It contain the episode from 106 to 157 and i want episode no 51 which is
older one i search in its browser but could not find the match plz help
me...
36ed63ef68c172f148c491418395d0b5?d=identicon&s=25 David Knorr (Guest)
On 17 Apr., 12:10, Vaibhav Deshpande <rails-mailing-l...@andreas-
s.net> wrote:
> >> thanks in advance,
> > David Knorr
> >http://twitter.com/rubyguy
>
> Thanks for the replay
>
> It contain the episode from 106 to 157 and i want episode no 51 which is
> older one i search in its browser but could not find the match plz help
> me...

Oh, I didn't notice episode 51 wasn't in the repository. You're going
to have to copy the code manually from http://railscasts.com/episodes/51

--
Best regards,
David Knorr