Forum: NGINX Rewrite configuration in web space (like .htaccess)

156000be74d38bea84ffed5ffa7c3c8e?d=identicon&s=25 unknown (Guest)
is there a way to let users without access to nginx configuration set
rewrite rules? Something like .htaccess in apache with AllowOverride
option, without need to reload server configuration.
Thanks, Martin
Hello!

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 10:19:18PM +0200, mates007@centrum.cz wrote:

> Hi,
> is there a way to let users without access to nginx configuration set rewrite rules?
Something like .htaccess in apache with AllowOverride option, without need to reload
server configuration.

No.

Maxim Dounin
F5a6ed477b109fe6acc11a5a8f87e7e8?d=identicon&s=25 Michael Shadle (Guest)
On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 3:21 PM, Maxim Dounin <mdounin@mdounin.ru>
wrote:
> Hello!
>
> On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 10:19:18PM +0200, mates007@centrum.cz wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> is there a way to let users without access to nginx configuration set rewrite rules?
Something like .htaccess in apache with AllowOverride option, without need to reload
server configuration.

> No.

personally i think it would be a nice optional feature.

perhaps with a big warning sign "this will KILL your performance!"

and start at "root" and traverse the directory tree until the file
being called...
2e321cc0efe9422d37165e922298494e?d=identicon&s=25 Cliff Wells (Guest)
On Wed, 2009-04-15 at 22:19 +0200, mates007@centrum.cz wrote:
> Hi,
> is there a way to let users without access to nginx configuration set rewrite rules?
Something like .htaccess in apache with AllowOverride option, without need to reload
server configuration.
> Thanks, Martin

Not as such.  What you *can* do is let each user have their own instance
of Nginx on 127.0.0.x and proxy to them from the main Nginx instance.
This might seem like overkill, but Nginx uses so little resources it
isn't a big deal and gives much more flexibility and security compared
to htaccess.

Regards,
Cliff