Forum: Ruby Ruby community - Sooo great!

64a808c19ac542b14c4021dcb9484a37?d=identicon&s=25 Ruby Student (Guest)
Team,
This community is like reading an encyclopedia. You read and you learn!

Last week I learned a bout a guy dropping Ruby and embracing Earth. He
is
unhappy with the technological world. I guess that's fine!
Today, I learned about the existence of several languages that I never
knew
were there:

cpan which I thought was some kind of pizza!
Lua which I thought was some kind of drink parallel to Kalua!
Groovy which I thought was some kind of Mexican sauce or gravy!

I also learned about an environment named Ramaze which I thought was
some
kind of oriental soup. We have a soup named Ramen and I thought Ramaze
was
an improved version of Ramen.

BTW, I tried Ramaze and got some errors which I'll post soon and see if
can get some help!
I will look into Lua since I am interested in game programming.

Team, please keep it going let's continue with the fun!
3b1756d05466b4a78afd9aea7bb845c2?d=identicon&s=25 Aaron Turner (Guest)
On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 9:21 AM, Ruby Student <ruby.student@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Team,
> This community is like reading an encyclopedia. You read and you learn!

[snip]

Yep that's what ruby-talk has become... maybe then all those people
who actually want to talk about ruby should move their discussion to
Wikipedia?
E1d641bfe4071a5413bac781f06d3fd1?d=identicon&s=25 Sean O'halpin (sean)
On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 5:26 PM, Aaron Turner <synfinatic@gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 9:21 AM, Ruby Student <ruby.student@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Team,
>> This community is like reading an encyclopedia. You read and you learn!
>
> [snip]
>
> Yep that's what ruby-talk has become... maybe then all those people
> who actually want to talk about ruby should move their discussion to
> Wikipedia?

I suggest that those inconsiderate people who want to clog up this
list with ~talk~ about ~ruby~ (of all things) should prefix their
subject line with [ruby] - then we can all go back to sleep.
Ae16cb4f6d78e485b04ce1e821592ae5?d=identicon&s=25 Martin DeMello (Guest)
On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 9:56 PM, Aaron Turner <synfinatic@gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 9:21 AM, Ruby Student <ruby.student@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Team,
>> This community is like reading an encyclopedia. You read and you learn!
>
> [snip]
>
> Yep that's what ruby-talk has become... maybe then all those people
> who actually want to talk about ruby should move their discussion to
> Wikipedia?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Ruby_(programming_language)

martin