Forum: Ruby directory_watcher (version 1.2.0)

4d5b5dd4e263d780a5dfe7ac8b8ac98c?d=identicon&s=25 Tim Pease (Guest)
directory_watcher version 1.2.0
     by Tim Pease
     http://codeforpeople.rubyforge.org/directory_watcher

== DESCRIPTION

The directory watcher operates by scanning a directory at some
interval and
generating a list of files based on a user supplied glob pattern. As
the file
list changes from one interval to the next, events are generated and
dispatched to registered observers. Four types of events are supported
--
added, modified, stable, and removed.

== CHANGES

* 2 minor enhancements
   - added an option to persist state to a file [Benjamin Thomas]
   - the option to run the directory watcher scanner manually
     (i.e. one loop at a time)
Be732ee41fd3038aa98a0a7e7b7be081?d=identicon&s=25 Denis Defreyne (Guest)
12 apr 2009 kl. 19.44 skrev Tim Pease:

> The directory watcher operates by scanning a directory at some
> interval and
> generating a list of files based on a user supplied glob pattern.

Hi,

directory_watcher sounds like the ideal candidate to make use of
filesystem event notifications such as those provided by inotify or
fsevents. Are there any plans for this in a future version of
directory_watcher?

Regards,

Denis
2f55791ab9018b4d01fb741fab21843d?d=identicon&s=25 Tony Arcieri (Guest)
On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 1:23 PM, Denis Defreyne <
denis.defreyne@stoneship.org> wrote:

> directory_watcher sounds like the ideal candidate to make use of filesystem
> event notifications such as those provided by inotify or fsevents. Are there
> any plans for this in a future version of directory_watcher?

Note that such a thing would be fairly trivial to add to Rev, as libev
already supports a cross-platform API for directory monitoring which
uses
inotify on Linux:

http://rev.rubyforge.org/