Forum: JRuby MacPorts

Ea3084bf9444c7d0cd0c640ca0ac93b3?d=identicon&s=25 Logan Barnett (Guest)
I'm trying to help a friend get set up with JRuby. He made a  b-line
for the MacPorts method of installing (as per the Getting Started wiki
page). Some things to note about the experience:
The MacPorts version of JRuby is 1.1.5.
Gems we installed with binaries didn't wind up on the PATH anywhere.
Gems were installed as root (sudo).

Logan Barnett
logustus@gmail.com
http://www.logustus.com

Logan Barnett wrote:
> I'm trying to help a friend get set up with JRuby. He made a  b-line for
> the MacPorts method of installing (as per the Getting Started wiki
> page). Some things to note about the experience:
> The MacPorts version of JRuby is 1.1.5.
> Gems we installed with binaries didn't wind up on the PATH anywhere.
> Gems were installed as root (sudo).

Bleh...I thought they'd at least updated to 1.1.6, but 1.1.5 is so
ancient now. I wonder what we can do to help them keep up?

- Charlie

On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 11:39 PM, Charles Oliver Nutter
<charles.nutter@sun.com> wrote:
> now. I wonder what we can do to help them keep up?
The 1.1.6 request was in the day we released.  I wonder if they just
have to many packages it takes this long?

-Tom

--
Blog: http://www.bloglines.com/blog/ThomasEEnebo
Email: enebo@acm.org , tom.enebo@gmail.com

It says on the macports website that JRuby was updated to 1.1.6 eight
weeks
ago.  So maybe something else is going on?
C482081f2c6c893c26f72f6e31999bcb?d=identicon&s=25 Zachary Brown (Guest)

I'm betting his macports db is out of date. However if they need help
maintaining it, I might pop
over to MacPorts and see if they want to turn the package over to me
and I'll build it in sync
with JRuby's releases.

-Zac