Forum: Ruby JRuby on Rails on Google App Engine

Ola B. (Guest)
Hi friends,

As you might have heard, Google has released support for Java on App
Engine.

I've been part of a preview, and know that JRuby, Ruby on Rails and Merb
works very well on it.

More information here:
http://olabini.com/blog/2009/04/java-on-google-app-engine/
http://olabini.com/blog/2009/04/dynamic-languages-...
http://olabini.com/blog/2009/04/jruby-on-rails-on-...

Cheers

--
Ola B. (http://olabini.com)
Ioke creator (http://ioke.org)

Jeremy McAnally (Guest)
That's awesome.  I'm definitely giving this a second look now...

--Jeremy

--
http://jeremymcanally.com/
http://entp.com/

My books:
http://manning.com/mcanally/
http://humblelittlerubybook.com/ (FREE!)
Charles Oliver N. (Guest)
Ola B. wrote:
> Hi friends,
>
> As you might have heard, Google has released support for Java on App
> Engine.
>
> I've been part of a preview, and know that JRuby, Ruby on Rails and Merb
> works very well on it.

That's so awesome! Thanks for working on this, it's a really excellent
surprise.

- Charlie
Piyush R. (Guest)
This is really cool!

On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 11:32 AM, Charles Oliver N. <
James B. (Guest)
Charles Oliver N. wrote:
> surprise.
Ramaze and Sinatra work as well.

(I need to write up some instructions for Ramaze because you need a
patch to work around the GAE restriction on threads.)

--
James B.

Charles Oliver N. (Guest)
James B. wrote:
> Ramaze and Sinatra work as well.
>
> (I need to write up some instructions for Ramaze because you need a
> patch to work around the GAE restriction on threads.)

Cool, so it sounds like Rails, Merb, Sinatra, Ramaze, and Tom Enebo's
"Ruvlets" have all been successfully deployed.

There's a project in progress to make GAE deployment as simple as
possible...stay tuned!

- Charlie
James B. (Guest)
Charles Oliver N. wrote:
> possible...stay tuned!
Very good stuff going on.

And if anyone doubts the power of IRC, I got amazing help from folks on
#jruby and #ramaze on freenode while getting Ramaze running on GAE.

It's a 24-hour hackfest.

--
James B.