Forum: Ruby SFTP with ruby cgi-bin

0308d42860e526382c86d40e8b4d39e4?d=identicon&s=25 Andrew Thorp (andrewpthorp)
on 2009-04-06 17:12
When I execute the ruby manually, it works great.

When I run it over http, no cake.

Basically, when I run the ruby it will connect to sftp and have no
problems, but when I navigate to the cgi-bin through my browser, I get
this error:

!ruby/exception:Net::SSH::AuthenticationFailed

Please somebody help
134ea397777886d6f0aa992672a50eaa?d=identicon&s=25 Mark Thomas (Guest)
On Apr 6, 11:12 am, Andrew Thorp <and...@gladhandle.com> wrote:
> When I execute the ruby manually, it works great.
>
> When I run it over http, no cake.
>
> Basically, when I run the ruby it will connect to sftp and have no
> problems, but when I navigate to the cgi-bin through my browser, I get
> this error:
>
> !ruby/exception:Net::SSH::AuthenticationFailed

A CGI app is run as the web server user. So you'll need to make sure
the web server user can connect. Try logging in as the web server user
and establish the keys necessary to perform the SSH.