Forum: JRuby Sessions and cookies

3a4ecaf99c9189e75bff01d8334ca370?d=identicon&s=25 Jay McGaffigan (Guest)

<link media="all" type="text/css"
href="/webmail/static/deg/css/wysiwyg-3933289048.css" rel="stylesheet">
</head><body>

Hey, <br>
&nbsp;I was wondering if anyone could offer some help.<br>
I have a site running on GF v2 that has a secure login page (https) but
the rest of the site doesn't have to run over https.&nbsp; If I've never
been to the site and goto the https://loginpage I see my user get
logged in, but upon redirecting to the http://mainpage the session
information is lost/intentionally removed by something (could be
glassfish) and I am redirected to login again.&nbsp; I can then login.
and
the site works great.<br>
If I've never been to the site before (delete all cookies) and goto the
http://loginpage I am redirected to the https login page and I can log
in and go right to my main page ... no problem.<br>
It appears the following is happening... If I go to the site and hit an
http url first.&nbsp; I get a session cookie (JSESSIONID) that doesn't
change as I go back and forth between https and http.&nbsp; However if
the
first url I hit is an https url (and I don't have any cookies for this
site), the JSESSIONID changes when I go from https to http.&nbsp; I am
not
sure if this is how glassfish is supposed to work or if this is how
sessions and cookies work in general or what ... but could anyone who's
more experienced with this stuff offer up some guidance?&nbsp; <br>
Is there something in glassfish I should tweak?&nbsp; something I should
be doing wrt to sessions in rails? <br>
Any help would be appreciated<br>
Thanks!<br>
Jay</body></html>

Hi Jay,
same on tomcat and normal java app. Don't know for sure but that might
be preffered behaviour.

Best greetings,
Pawel Wielgus.