Forum: Ruby Connect Another Database

071e291a1589fe24f339c2cedca829df?d=identicon&s=25 Saurabh Peshkar (saurabh)
on 2009-04-06 10:42
Hi All,

I'm trying to connect another database using rails

I made changes in database.yml file

I succeed in that but with same table name,

I'm having two issues regarding that:

1) How to connect the specific table of another database (suppose table
name is Arthur and it is in database2, I'm working in database1)

2) How to connect database without making changes in database.yml file.

Any feedback appreciated,
Thanks
Saurabh
0f1f17ba297242e9d3c86d4cc0a6ea85?d=identicon&s=25 Iñaki Baz Castillo (Guest)
2009/4/6 Saurabh Peshkar <saurabh@cipher-tech.com>:
> 1) How to connect the specific table of another database (suppose table
> name is Arthur and it is in database2, I'm working in database1)
>
> 2) How to connect database without making changes in database.yml file.

Hi, you should ask in a RubyOnRails maillist better than here (a pure
Ruby maillist).
However, Google shows lot of documentation about what you need:
  http://www.google.com/search?q=rails+two+databases