Forum: Ruby on Rails How to reset session if rails server is killed abruptly using Ctrl-c

6b46f4eed76df33a3ffacf87bc9f1079?d=identicon&s=25 vimal (Guest)

I have some user informations stored in the session.
If i use Ctrl-c to kill the rails server and restart the server, the
informations remains in the session
I want the session informations gone, once i restart the server
Any suggestions?

Regards,
Vimal Das
On Apr 6, 8:33 am, vimal <cool.vimalsm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have some user informations stored in the session.
> If i use Ctrl-c to kill the rails server and restart the server, the
> informations remains in the session
> I want the session informations gone, once i restart the server
> Any suggestions?

If you are using the cookie store the user session is stored on the
user's computer, so the only thing you can do is change the session
secret. With the other stores  it depends on the stores, eg if you use
the database store then delete the rows in the sessions table.

Fred