Forum: Ruby on Rails A problem with my cucumber

648a71a35ce6e4a1c5cd63451a2a20df?d=identicon&s=25 Gavin (Guest)
Hi all -

Recently installed the cucumber gem.

Followed the steps as shown on Railscasts -
http://railscasts.com/episodes/155-beginning-with-cucumber

"script/generate cucumber" works fine but when I try to run "cucumber
features -n" I get an error:

-bash: cucumber: command not found

any clues?
Gavin wrote:

> Recently installed the cucumber gem.
>
> Followed the steps as shown on Railscasts -
> http://railscasts.com/episodes/155-beginning-with-cucumber
>
> "script/generate cucumber" works fine but when I try to run "cucumber
> features -n" I get an error:
>
> -bash: cucumber: command not found

Cuke is teetering on the brink of this forum demanding it get its own
forum:

Try more advanced cucumber questions there.

Until then, your RubyGems binary folder is not on your path - El Goog
will tell
you what that folder is. Something like /var/lib/gems/1.9.0/bin , but I
can't
find you my own example because Debian's Ruby packages blow goats.