Forum: GNU Radio RE: Question about latency

3d593de8acbe2510722af740d8668352?d=identicon&s=25 Firas Abbas (Guest)

> On Thu, 4/2/09, Matigakis Emmanouil <mmatigakis@isc.tuc.gr> wrote:

> I think what I'm trying to do is very difficult if at all possible with > flowgraphs. So
I will  try to use in-band signaling code. Is there >
> something similar to gr-howto-write-a-block for using mbloks?
>

> Thanks
>
> Manolis

If you are trying to do just an RF repeater (digitally connecting TX IF
and RX IF ), I don't think the time is much as 100msec with 4MHz. There
is something wrong. I suggest to you to use BasicRX and Basic TX in the
first.

If you want to measure the delay from end to end , I suggest the
following idea (I didn't implement and tried it, it just came on my mind
while reading your email):

Connect the output of Basic TX to the input of basic RX through 20 dB
attenuator. Start grc, connect a saw tooth signal generator to usrp
sink. Connect usrp source to oscilloscope graphical sink (channel A).
For the same scope sink, connect the saw tooth source to its other
channel (channel B). You should now see two saw tooth signals one that
send to TX and the other is the received RX. Vary saw tooth frequency
and measure the delay between the start of these two signals. This will
be the end to end latency. Of course it will depend you your PC speed
and its OS.

Let me know if it works for you.

Best Regards,

Firas
Cb4ce1b167a1d8ae66e0da7d2a145145?d=identicon&s=25 Matigakis Emmanouil (Guest)

I don't have a BasicRX db. Can't I do the same with RFX2400?
Is it dangerous to burn the db if I connect the input to the
output directly?

Manolis

Θέμα: RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] Question about latency

Hi,