Forum: GNU Radio Difference in gain using gnuradio 3.1.3 and the trunk (at least on RFX1800)

675175af18f74772d42dd5ce1bf2dc8b?d=identicon&s=25 Per Zetterberg (Guest)
Dear All,

I have connected a signal generator to my USRP and I am using a CW. Thus
have a constant input power. I am running the usrp_rx_cfile.py utility
(exact command line below). If I run gnuradio 3.1.3 then the amplitude I
see
is 16dB higher than if compile from the trunk (checked  out a week ago
or
so). I think it has to do with the new daughterboard  code being
different
from the old python one. I am using an RFX1800 daughterboard.

The signals are also conjugated with respect to each other

BR/
Per

sudo ./usrp_rx_cfile.py -d 8 -f 1902.5e6 -R A -s -g 50 -N 5000 test.dat
On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 11:45 PM, Per Zetterberg
<per.zetterberg@ee.kth.se> wrote:

> I have connected a signal generator to my USRP and I am using a CW. Thus I
> have a constant input power. I am running the usrp_rx_cfile.py utility
> (exact command line below). If I run gnuradio 3.1.3 then the amplitude I see
> is 16dB higher than if compile from the trunk (checked  out a week ago or
> so). I think it has to do with the new daughterboard  code being different
> from the old python one. I am using an RFX1800 daughterboard.

In other words, the magnitude of the samples in the captured .dat
files are different by a factor of 16dB?  Do they otherwise look the
same spectrally?

> The signals are also conjugated with respect to each other

Conjugated, as in a+bi => a-bi , or as in a+bi => b+ai?

Johnathan