Forum: Ruby Strange errors with Net::SSH and all network libraries

3da512875f3295be2d577fa70b3493b4?d=identicon&s=25 Sebastian W. (globulus)
on 2009-04-01 23:13
Hello all,
I'm getting the strangest errors today whenever I use a library that
needs to over the network. I'm thinking this could be because I have a
really old network card?

I've traced through and the problem seems to be that whenever data is
about to go on the wire, I get an error back saying that the system is
out of TCP packets. Does anyone have any experience with how to fix
this? Do I need to replace my card, or do I have to "fill up" some Ruby
config file somewhere?

Any help appreciated! This has been bugging me ALL DAY.
Sebastian W. wrote:

> Any help appreciated! This has been bugging me ALL DAY.

You can buy fresh tcp packets in bulk at an office depot or equivalent.
Should run you about $0.10 the hundred, if you don't care about brand
name.

It's April Fools' ALL DAY. Apologies if yours was a serious question.
3da512875f3295be2d577fa70b3493b4?d=identicon&s=25 Sebastian W. (globulus)
on 2009-04-02 02:00
Joel VanderWerf wrote:
> Sebastian W. wrote:
>>
>> Any help appreciated! This has been bugging me ALL DAY.
>
> You can buy fresh tcp packets in bulk at an office depot or equivalent.
> Should run you about $0.10 the hundred, if you don't care about brand
> name.
>
> It's April Fools' ALL DAY. Apologies if yours was a serious question.

Nope - you got it! ; )