Forum: Ruby on Rails Newbie - Mysql::Error in SayController#hello

6d23a5f1b1c20cf4796c9c7504da03a2?d=identicon&s=25 Deb P (Guest)

I'm trying to follow the agile book for hello world.  I've run into
several problems and been able to resolve them up to:
Mysql::Error in SayController#hello
Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

I saw a posting that said if you create all the dbs the app needs then
it will work.  Is this the correct solution? If so, how do I do it?

Thank you.
On Apr 1, 6:19 pm, Deb P <debbiea...@aol.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to follow the agile book for hello world.  I've run into
> several problems and been able to resolve them up to:
> Mysql::Error in SayController#hello
> Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

Is there a password for the root mysql user ?

Fred