Forum: Ruby on Rails How do you handle SQlite3 files between branches in git

863afbc9c546135623e24de356268ac6?d=identicon&s=25 MartOn (Guest)
Hello
I now this should maybe be put in a git group, but I guessing many
rails developers (if using sqlite3) for development have a good idea..

I have an application with different branches, so my SQlite3 file get
dependant on branch.
I have the file ignored by git, so changing branch will keep my
database.

but what I really would like was it to switch to the last from that
branch?
I´m not sure this is clever..

thats why I am asking you developers, how do you handle this?

/MartOn
MartOn wrote:
> Hello
> I now this should maybe be put in a git group, but I guessing many
> rails developers (if using sqlite3) for development have a good idea..
>
> I have an application with different branches, so my SQlite3 file get
> dependant on branch.
> I have the file ignored by git, so changing branch will keep my
> database.
>
> but what I really would like was it to switch to the last from that
> branch?
> I�m not sure this is clever..
>
> thats why I am asking you developers, how do you handle this?
>
> /MartOn

What I do is add *.sqlite3 to my .gitignore file, so it's no longer an
issue. Other developers that might be working on the project probably
don't want your database files in their clone anyway.