From: ironruby-core-bounces@rubyforge.org
[mailto:ironruby-core-bounces@rubyforge.org] On Behalf Of Ivan Porto
Carrero
Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 9:11 AM
To: ironruby-core
Subject: [Ironruby-core] lol.. google undo send definitely is a fad

It took me more than the 2 seconds I get from google to realize that I
sent the previous email to the wrong address.
Jim Deville wrote:
> As was pointed out by some people around here, Outlook has had a similar
> feature for a while, that gives more customization. It just requires you
> to make a rule ;)

And requires the receiver to accept the retraction if it's already been
delivered, if I remember right...which of course I never did.

- Charlie
E1deaac6561498a0e7472e6268ea9ccc?d=identicon&s=25 Jimmy Schementi (Guest)
> Jim Deville wrote:
> > As was pointed out by some people around here, Outlook has had a
> > similar feature for a while, that gives more customization. It
> > just requires you to make a rule ;)

Jim, are you really pimping Outlook? ;)

> Charles Oliver Nutter wrote:
> And requires the receiver to accept the retraction if it's already been
> delivered, if I remember right...which of course I never did.

I believe Jim was referring to making a Outlook rule which delays the
sending of an email by a minute or so, which then you can delete from
our outbox during that window and it will never be delivered; similar to
what gmail can do for you. The "retraction" system is far more inferior.

Ok, enough Outlook banter ...
F983f0c990cba2fe743ef62a975ec99c?d=identicon&s=25 Curt Hagenlocher (Guest)
No, the retraction is a different (and thoroughly retarded) feature.
You can actually create a send rule that applies a delay based on all
sorts of criteria.  See http://ironcurt.typepad.com/p/sendrule.png for a
screen shot of the rule.

The "retraction" isn't a totally ridiculous feature, but I always smirk
when I see a "Manager X has recalled an email" message...
Curt Hagenlocher wrote:
> No, the retraction is a different (and thoroughly retarded) feature.  You can actually
create a send rule that applies a delay based on all sorts of criteria.  See
http://ironcurt.typepad.com/p/sendrule.png for a screen shot of the rule.

> The "retraction" isn't a totally ridiculous feature, but I always smirk when I see a
"Manager X has recalled an email" message...

To be sure. One time the manager of a team I was on tried to retract a
spreadsheet containing everyone's salaries. I think a couple people quit
that same day.

- Charlie