Forum: Ruby Ruby 1.8.6-p368 released

Announcement (2017-05-07): www.ruby-forum.com is now read-only since I unfortunately do not have the time to support and maintain the forum any more. Please see rubyonrails.org/community and ruby-lang.org/en/community for other Rails- und Ruby-related community platforms.
9d2f78236e45a335301ba1195026105d?d=identicon&s=25 Urabe Shyouhei (Guest)
on 2009-03-31 14:20
(Received via mailing list)
Hello all.  It's time for a new release.

This time we've fixed dozens of bugs, including workarounds for
CVE-2007-1558 and CVE-2008-1447.  Many segfaults are also fixed.  For
a complete list of what has been fixed, please read the ChangeLogs.

I'm afraid to inform you that we are not ready for a 1.8.7 counterpart
of it.  That's almost done, but a few test cases are still not green.
I'll finish them up and re-inform you in a matter of days.  Please be
patient.

Released tarballs are available at:

ftp://ftp.ruby-lang.org/pub/ruby/1.8/ruby-1.8.6-p368.tar.gz
ftp://ftp.ruby-lang.org/pub/ruby/1.8/ruby-1.8.6-p368.tar.bz2
ftp://ftp.ruby-lang.org/pub/ruby/1.8/ruby-1.8.6-p368.zip

and checksums:

MD5(ruby-1.8.6-p368.tar.gz)= 508bf1911173ac43e4e6c31d9dc36b8f
SHA256(ruby-1.8.6-p368.tar.gz)=
cc8cad3edd02d8c2de3c63a7d8a5cb85af39766dd47360a9c0f26339b101e2a0
SIZE(ruby-1.8.6-p368.tar.gz)= 4602095

MD5(ruby-1.8.6-p368.tar.bz2)= 623447c6d8c973193aae565a5538ccfc
SHA256(ruby-1.8.6-p368.tar.bz2)=
1bd398a125040261f8e9e74289277c82063aae174ada9f300d2bea0a42ccdcc1
SIZE(ruby-1.8.6-p368.tar.bz2)= 3967709

MD5(ruby-1.8.6-p368.zip)= 3d301a4b1aded1922570585bbece2c29
SHA256(ruby-1.8.6-p368.zip)=
8ba4bfd14d2914bfe2c18ffa9da084234be978fd0eee654f7a5c732a1beb0246
SIZE(ruby-1.8.6-p368.zip)= 5619494

Have fun.
9d2f78236e45a335301ba1195026105d?d=identicon&s=25 Urabe Shyouhei (Guest)
on 2009-04-15 22:02
(Received via mailing list)
Hello all, and sorry for a late reply.

Urabe Shyouhei wrote:
> I'm afraid to inform you that we are not ready for a 1.8.7 counterpart
> of it.  That's almost done, but a few test cases are still not green.
> I'll finish them up and re-inform you in a matter of days.  Please be
> patient.

I'm glad I've finally put a 1.8.7 release on our FTP server.  It's a
counterpart of 1.8.6-p368, so many bugs are fixed since the latest
1.8.7.
Check the ChangeLog for more details.

Released tarballs are available at:

ftp://ftp.ruby-lang.org/pub/ruby/1.8/ruby-1.8.7-p160.tar.gz
ftp://ftp.ruby-lang.org/pub/ruby/1.8/ruby-1.8.7-p160.tar.bz2
ftp://ftp.ruby-lang.org/pub/ruby/1.8/ruby-1.8.7-p160.zip

and checksums:


MD5(ruby-1.8.7-p160.tar.gz)= 945398f97e2de6dd8ab6df68d10bb1a1
SHA256(ruby-1.8.7-p160.tar.gz)=
47c3d1ae6b3dbda230d04f258304516fc1da571fa757d5e1d8d0104b49045530
SIZE(ruby-1.8.7-p160.tar.gz)= 4818817

MD5(ruby-1.8.7-p160.tar.bz2)= f8ddb886b8a81cf005f53e9a9541091d
SHA256(ruby-1.8.7-p160.tar.bz2)=
e524a086212d2142c03eb6b82cd602adcac9dcf8bf60049e89aa4ca69864984d
SIZE(ruby-1.8.7-p160.tar.bz2)= 4137518

MD5(ruby-1.8.7-p160.zip)= 06319bafa225df47fe26dfb52bc174a7
SHA256(ruby-1.8.7-p160.zip)=
c56fefbb9e7e186bf9feeb864793ad2a53062ce871b47ab0170316e38f738995
SIZE(ruby-1.8.7-p160.zip)= 5876269

Have fun.
9ab183bb240ffd3a3966d5a615b4bdeb?d=identicon&s=25 Phil Ross (psross)
on 2009-04-16 21:48
Urabe Shyouhei wrote:
> Hello all.  It's time for a new release.
>
> This time we've fixed dozens of bugs, including workarounds for
> CVE-2007-1558 and CVE-2008-1447.  Many segfaults are also fixed.  For
> a complete list of what has been fixed, please read the ChangeLogs.

Would it be possible for release notifications like this to be posted to
the news page on ruby-lang.org in future?

It's quite easy to miss notifications on the Ruby-Talk list, so having
them on the news page (and in the associated RSS feed) would be useful.

Regards,

Phil
31d38c337e675c6bbb694b5530f9c84e?d=identicon&s=25 Ivan Evtuhovich (evtuhovich)
on 2009-04-17 09:50
(Received via mailing list)
Hello,

i found a bug when using cap with p368.

https://capistrano.lighthouseapp.com/projects/8716...
9d2f78236e45a335301ba1195026105d?d=identicon&s=25 Urabe Shyouhei (Guest)
on 2009-04-17 15:49
(Received via mailing list)
Hello Phil,

Phil Ross wrote:
> It's quite easy to miss notifications on the Ruby-Talk list, so having
> them on the news page (and in the associated RSS feed) would be useful.


I agree with you, but I don't have a write privilege on
www.ruby-lang.org.
Bc368ef524130e8d0deb386de961e24a?d=identicon&s=25 Suraj Kurapati (snk)
on 2009-04-18 01:21
Urabe Shyouhei wrote:
> Phil Ross wrote:
>> It's quite easy to miss notifications on the Ruby-Talk list, so having
>> them on the news page (and in the associated RSS feed) would be useful.
>
> I agree with you, but I don't have a write privilege on
> www.ruby-lang.org.

Perhaps you could add [ANN] to the subject of this email, so it is
readily recognized as being an announcement?
This topic is locked and can not be replied to.