Forum: Ruby on Rails Image uploading - upload_column

57c6a3276ed9cbb3b271e5dd067f0724?d=identicon&s=25 Indu R Nair (indu)
on 2009-03-28 03:24
Hai
I am using upload_column for uploading images. Trying to do the user
registration. For the first time when the user tries to upload image it
works fine.  But when try to update the image an error
undefined method `process!' for #<UploadColumn::UploadedFile:0x6838424>
occurs.
in my view I set the :multipart=>true.
and in controller  in the edit action @user = User.find(params[:id])
and in update action  @user.update_attributes(params[:user]). Do I need
to add anything more?
Please help , thanks in advance
57c6a3276ed9cbb3b271e5dd067f0724?d=identicon&s=25 Indu R Nair (indu)
on 2009-03-29 07:18
Indu RS wrote:
> Hai
> I am using upload_column for uploading images. Trying to do the user
> registration. For the first time when the user tries to upload image it
> works fine.  But when try to update the image an error
> undefined method `process!' for #<UploadColumn::UploadedFile:0x6838424>
> occurs.
> in my view I set the :multipart=>true.
> and in controller  in the edit action @user = User.find(params[:id])
> and in update action  @user.update_attributes(params[:user]). Do I need
> to add anything more?
> Please help , thanks in advance
The above problem was solved by installing RMagick, and then only we can
specify versions like thumb, large in model.rb file. If we haven't
installed rmagick properly the error will occur at the time when we are
trying to change the image uplaoded (ie at the time of editing).