Forum: Ruby on Rails Restricted Textmate Command+T (jump to file)

Does any Textmate user know how to tell the jump to file command to not
look in some folders? Currently my doc/ and spec/ folders are polluting
the search facility, and it has become very hard for me to get to the
desired file.

Thanks in advance.
Aad37b5f7116c8d1f547d23b37566032?d=identicon&s=25 Greg Donald (destiney)
On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 3:28 AM, Fernando Perez
<rails-mailing-list@andreas-s.net> wrote:
> Does any Textmate user know how to tell the jump to file command to not
> look in some folders? Currently my doc/ and spec/ folders are polluting
> the search facility, and it has become very hard for me to get to the
> desired file.

Someone on a Textmate list would probably know.

And since it's proprietary software you should at least be able to
pose the question to the author.

--
Greg Donald
http://destiney.com/
> Someone on a Textmate list would probably know.

I'm surprised that no one in this list didn't already run into this
issue.
Aad37b5f7116c8d1f547d23b37566032?d=identicon&s=25 Greg Donald (destiney)
On Sat, Mar 28, 2009 at 12:55 PM, Fernando Perez
<rails-mailing-list@andreas-s.net> wrote:
>> Someone on a Textmate list would probably know.
>
> I'm surprised that no one in this list didn't already run into this
> issue.

Not all Rails users are Textmate users.  Most of the Rails developers
I know in IRL use Linux so Textmate isn't even an option for them.

--
Greg Donald
http://destiney.com/

There is a sexy regular expression for "Folder Pattern"... which you
can modify to include the directories you want to ignore. I don't
ignore 'spec', because I tend to jump to those files a lot. However, I
do block 'vendor'. This also impacts your Find|Grep|Ack in project
settings, so keep that in mind.

Good luck.

Cheers,
Robby

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 1:28 AM, Fernando Perez
<rails-mailing-list@andreas-s.net> wrote:

Robby Russell
Chief Evangelist, Partner

PLANET ARGON, LLC
design // development // hosting w/Ruby on Rails

http://planetargon.com/
http://robbyonrails.com/
http://twitter.com/planetargon
aim: planetargon