Forum: Radiant CMS Paperclipped PDF's and DOC's

Bartee L. (Guest)
on 2009-03-26 10:59
I have a client who wants to be able to load a DOC file ( or a PDF, my
idea ) and then reference those in a page.

Paperclipped will not allow those extensions.

I have not looked at the code yet. I think it might work with a small
modification, but then what would the thumbnail look like ?  hmmm.. just
kidding...
Fernando P. (Guest)
on 2009-04-13 01:01
Bartee L. wrote:
> I have a client who wants to be able to load a DOC file ( or a PDF, my
> idea ) and then reference those in a page.
>
> Paperclipped will not allow those extensions.
>
> I have not looked at the code yet. I think it might work with a small
> modification, but then what would the thumbnail look like ?  hmmm.. just
> kidding...

You can allow the mime types you want which is a preferable security
feature over allowing extensions. God knows what people could
concatenate in a file.