Forum: Radiant CMS Paperclipped PDF's and DOC's

E8d27b9246051fff88e348844afd57ce?d=identicon&s=25 Bartee Lamar (bartee)
on 2009-03-26 09:59
I have a client who wants to be able to load a DOC file ( or a PDF, my
idea ) and then reference those in a page.

Paperclipped will not allow those extensions.

I have not looked at the code yet. I think it might work with a small
modification, but then what would the thumbnail look like ?  hmmm.. just
kidding...
Bartee Lamar wrote:
> I have a client who wants to be able to load a DOC file ( or a PDF, my
> idea ) and then reference those in a page.
>
> Paperclipped will not allow those extensions.
>
> I have not looked at the code yet. I think it might work with a small
> modification, but then what would the thumbnail look like ?  hmmm.. just
> kidding...

You can allow the mime types you want which is a preferable security
feature over allowing extensions. God knows what people could
concatenate in a file.