Forum: Ruby on Rails [JOBS] FOSS remote monitoring system is searching for Rails developers

Fea04d08dff429eff6e81d25cf91b8d2?d=identicon&s=25 koopmann.lennart@googlemail.com (Guest)
Hey everybody,

this is my second message regarding this topic to rubyonrails-talk. My
first message is from last year. There has been a lot of progress
since then so I am asking again:

ScopePort is a free open source remote monitoring system with a Rails
web interface. We are searching for Rails developers to release a beta
version as soon as possible. Ernesto joined the team after my last
message and I hope to find somebody as cool as him this time again.

Check out http://www.scopeport.org/ for more information about
ScopePort.

Here is an installation guide for the development version that comes
directly from our git repositories:
http://scopeport.org/guides/full_install_debian

Thank you for your time! You can reply to this message or contact me
directly at lennart@scopeport.org

So long
Lennart
Aad37b5f7116c8d1f547d23b37566032?d=identicon&s=25 Greg Donald (destiney)
On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 3:57 PM, koopmann.lennart@googlemail.com
<koopmann.lennart@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Check out http://www.scopeport.org/ for more information about
> ScopePort.

After looking over your screenshots, I have to ask..  are you not
aware of Nagios?  Why reinvent the wheel?  Between Nagios and MRTG,
pretty much everything you're doing has already been done.

--
Greg Donald
http://destiney.com/
Fea04d08dff429eff6e81d25cf91b8d2?d=identicon&s=25 koopmann.lennart@googlemail.com (Guest)
> After looking over your screenshots, I have to ask..  are you not
> aware of Nagios?

I am. And I worked with Nagios and Zabbix for years.

> Between Nagios and MRTG,
> pretty much everything you're doing has already been done.

That is true. But it has been done I a way that did not satisfy me.

Best regards
On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 4:31 PM, koopmann.lennart@googlemail.com
<koopmann.lennart@googlemail.com> wrote:
> That is true. But it has been done I a way that did not satisfy me.

Well what about Cacti, it was not suitable either?

http://www.cacti.net/

I mean, it's very nice looking, was there something wrong with it as
well?

--
Greg Donald
http://destiney.com/
Fea04d08dff429eff6e81d25cf91b8d2?d=identicon&s=25 koopmann.lennart@googlemail.com (Guest)
> Well what about Cacti, it was not suitable either?
>
> http://www.cacti.net/

Hehe, I also took a look of Cacti. I think I got a pretty good
overview over FOSS remote monitoring software.

> I mean, it's very nice looking, was there something wrong with it as well?

Don't get me wrong. I think most of the other projects are great
software! But they just did not fit my needs so I started writing my
own. ..and from the Feedback I got so far I can say that I am not
alone with that opinion.