Forum: GNU Radio RTOS?

Af5009247f24e0e8f4412aa007150b9f?d=identicon&s=25 Pradyumna Desale (Guest)
Hi All,

Has anyone heard of RTOS implementations along with gnuradio? I am a
newbie
and am trying to implement a scheduling scheme using RTOS. Has anyone
tried
this before? I am running into truckloads of problems with Contiki. Any
input will be greatly appreciated.
On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 04:56:56PM -0400, Pradyumna Desale wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Has anyone heard of RTOS implementations along with gnuradio? I am a newbie
> and am trying to implement a scheduling scheme using RTOS. Has anyone tried
> this before? I am running into truckloads of problems with Contiki. Any
> input will be greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure that I follow your question.

What problem/opportunity/situation are you trying to explore?
Are you thinking about running GNU Radio on top of an RTOS?
If so, what do you hope to accomplish with this?
If so, does the RTOS provide some kind of posix and/or pthread
emulation?

Eric
Af5009247f24e0e8f4412aa007150b9f?d=identicon&s=25 Pradyumna Desale (Guest)
Hi Eric,

Thank you for a quick reply. This was my first post on the discussion
list
and your quick response has taken away my hesitancy.

I am trying to implement an gnuradio on top RTOS, which can enable more
complex scheduling algorithm (other than flow-graphs) as well as a
timing
mechanism. Also, once RTOS is working successfully, it can maintain a
global
state, keep track of flow control. Hope that answers your questions.

Regards,
Pradyumna
-------
Pradyumna V. Desale