Forum: Ruby on Rails YAHosting inquiry (yet another hosting inquiry)

Fddbb3cd16868f4741c2e86ef015a639?d=identicon&s=25 Sergio T. Ruiz (sergio101)
on 2009-03-25 16:07
i have read some of the posts here, but it seems like they may be a
little dated, so i am posting this to the forum..

i have a client who needs to have one smaller application hosted.
initially, we set them up with a godaddy account, but there were just
too many limitations to make that effective..

here's what they will require:

- mysql
- capistrano
- ssh
- git

any modifications to the code will happen here on site.. then be
deployed to the server..

i would  really like to keep this as inexpensive as possible, since they
will need a minimum of resources..

i noticed on the rails hosting survey results that pretty much everyone
is using a sub $25 hosting plan..

this is where we would like to be on this.

any ideas?

thanks!
On Mar 25, 3:07 pm, Sergio Ruiz <rails-mailing-l...@andreas-s.net>
wrote:
> i noticed on the rails hosting survey results that pretty much everyone
> is using a sub $25 hosting plan..
>
> this is where we would like to be on this.

$20/month or so gets you a basic VPS from slicehost or linode. You can
run anything you want (subject to how much ram etc. you have
obviously) but you'll be doing it all yourself.

Fred
A82ba1167f4d4a8d1de63820e576a87f?d=identicon&s=25 Robby Russell (Guest)
On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 8:07 AM, Sergio Ruiz <
rails-mailing-list@andreas-s.net> wrote:

> - mysql
> i noticed on the rails hosting survey results that pretty much everyone
> is using a sub $25 hosting plan..
>
> this is where we would like to be on this.
>
> any ideas?
>
> thanks!

Hi there,

Check us out at http://railsboxcar.com. We're just over the $25/month
point,
but we believe that our customer service and experience with deploying
and
hosting Ruby on Rails applications being at your disposal makes it a
worthwhile investment. :-)

Get in touch with us!

Cheers,
Robby

--
Robby Russell
Chief Evangelist, Partner

PLANET ARGON, LLC
design // development // hosting w/Ruby on Rails

http://planetargon.com/
http://robbyonrails.com/
http://twitter.com/planetargon
aim: planetargon

+1 503 445 2457
+1 877 55 ARGON [toll free]
+1 815 642 4068 [fax]
4375b4aca04b8d72482fd409fb6d0b47?d=identicon&s=25 Roderick van Domburg (roderickvd)
on 2009-03-25 17:16
We've got a EUR 19/month plan that supports everything you require and
saves you the cost of setting everything up yourself. Plus, it is load
balanced over two physical servers for high availability.

There's a 30 day free trial to boot.

--
Roderick van Domburg
http://en.railscluster.nl