Forum: GNU Radio GNU radio based RFID reader/writer

D6086fb18b5e0e85687a3474a59e6f77?d=identicon&s=25 harshal jadhav (Guest)

I am a student of Master's program in electrical engineering (major :
telecommunications and dsp) .
As a master's final project i want to develop RFID reader/writer based
on
GNU and compare the performance of RFID reader/writer which is not based
on
GNU to that of one based on GNU.
Is such RFID reader/writer based on GNU radio already available in the
market? and if not is there a starting point from where i can build such
reader/writer.

Regards,
Harshal Jadhav
On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 03:32:36PM -0700, harshal jadhav wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am a student of Master's program in electrical engineering (major :
> telecommunications and dsp) .
> As a master's final project i want to develop RFID reader/writer based on
> GNU and compare the performance of RFID reader/writer which is not based on
> GNU to that of one based on GNU.
> Is such RFID reader/writer based on GNU radio already available in the
> market? and if not is there a starting point from where i can build such a
> reader/writer.

> Regards,
> Harshal Jadhav

There are many kinds of RFID.  Which kind do you want to look at?
What frequency band are you interested in?  Are they passive tags?

With RFID readers, there are h/w and s/w issues to be dealt with.
It's important to keep them separate, so as to not draw the wrong
conclusions.  GNU Radio != USRP, although we're often in the habit of
using them together.

You may also want to take a look at

  http://www.openpcd.org
  http://openmrtd.org