Forum: Ruby Please instruct how to work with Mac XCODE and INTERFACE BUILDER

A535a2fb348ca4a1cebf631dfb48b43c?d=identicon&s=25 Suresh Rajkumar (Guest)
Dear ALL

    I make the RUBY application in Mac Xcode and desgin the window and
controls in the interface builder.

    in my application i make the Datetime picker control and i am able
get the Date String value to the Textbox.

   but i need the short date value to the Textbox, please tell how i
convert
the Datetime picker date value to short value like "DD/MM/YYYY".

   And also i need the sample codes of the xcode (Mac Ruby).

Thanks & Regards,
Suresh
54404bcac0f45bf1c8e8b827cd9bb709?d=identicon&s=25 7stud -- (7stud)
on 2009-03-24 09:33
Suresh Rajkumar wrote:
> Dear ALL
>
>     I make the RUBY application in Mac Xcode and desgin the window and
> controls in the interface builder.

How do you do that?
Fbb4d027695dfdf76bf448b15d7e306a?d=identicon&s=25 matt neuburg (Guest)
Suresh Rajkumar <sureshrajchennai@gmail.com> wrote:

>    but i need the short date value to the Textbox, please tell how i convert
> the Datetime picker date value to short value like "DD/MM/YYYY".
>
>    And also i need the sample codes of the xcode (Mac Ruby).

MacRuby questions to the MacRuby list, please.

http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macruby-devel/

m.
6bdc6b64f46bbb6dd6e84b5ba68385fc?d=identicon&s=25 hengist podd (has)
on 2009-03-24 19:11
Suresh Rajkumar wrote:
> Dear ALL
>
>     I make the RUBY application in Mac Xcode and desgin the window and
> controls in the interface builder.
>
>     in my application i make the Datetime picker control and i am able
> get the Date String value to the Textbox.
>
>    but i need the short date value to the Textbox, please tell how i
> convert
> the Datetime picker date value to short value like "DD/MM/YYYY".

Refer to the Cocoa documentation for NSDatePicker and NSDate, in
particular -[NSDatePicker dateValue] and -[NSDate
descriptionWithCalendarFormat:timeZone:locale:]

FWIW, I find AppKiDo particularly convenient for browsing Cocoa class
documentation:

http://homepage.mac.com/aglee/downloads/appkido.html

>    And also i need the sample codes of the xcode (Mac Ruby).

Look in /Developer/Examples/Ruby for Ruby and RubyCocoa examples.

BTW, this may also be of interest to you:

http://pragprog.com/titles/bmrc/rubycocoa

HTH

has
--
Control AppleScriptable applications from Python, Ruby and ObjC:
http://appscript.sourceforge.net