Forum: RSpec Installing RSpec 1.2.2 and RSpec-Rails 1.2.2 As Plugins for Rails 2.0.5

3c2e4abc14123b99dda442c0e74173c8?d=identicon&s=25 Charles Grindel (Guest)

I have read the Rspec-Rails page (
http://wiki.github.com/dchelimsky/rspec/rails) describing the different
installation procedures for RSpec and Rails.  Since I am running Rails
2.0.5, I followed the instructions under "Install an RSpec release >=
1.1.4
in Rails <= 2.1.0".  In these instructions, it has me clone the Rspec
and
Rspec-Rails projects and then it says to checkout 1.1.8.  I assumed that
this should be 1.2.2.

cd rspec
git checkout 1.2.2

However, when I execute the checkout command, I receive the following
message:

Note: moving to "1.2.2" which isn't a local branch
If you want to create a new branch from this checkout, you may do so
(now or later) by using -b with the checkout command again. Example:
  git checkout -b <new_branch_name>
HEAD is now at fd09ebc... prep for 1.2.2 release

Being a git newbie, I am not sure if this is what I should expect to
see.
Any feedback on whether this is correct or what I should do differently
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chuck
2009/3/23 Charles Grindel <chuck@chuckgrindel.com>:
> cd rspec
>
> Being a git newbie, I am not sure if this is what I should expect to see.
> Any feedback on whether this is correct or what I should do differently
> would be greatly appreciated.

I neglected to tag the release in git last night. It is now properly
tagged, so if you go into each plugin dir and "git pull", you should
be able to proceed.

Cheers,
David