Forum: Ruby on Rails Where is the sqlite .db file?

1c86ce2ff3d15dc1af340075e245dc63?d=identicon&s=25 Vince Gilbert (vfgilber)
on 2009-03-23 13:50
Hi all,

I've been reading a ton, doing tutorial, and generally trying to learn
Ruby on Rails.

I have a question that I haven't been able to find the answer to.

Where is the .db file that sqlite3 creates for Rails projects?  I can't
for the life of me figure out how to access the database tables.  I even
downloaded a few sqlite GUI tools, but when they ask me which db file
I'd like to open, I can't find one anywhere.  I even did a full search
on my c: for *.db*

Thanks for your help,

Vince
On Mar 23, 12:50 pm, Vince Gilbert <rails-mailing-l...@andreas-s.net>
wrote:
> I'd like to open, I can't find one anywhere.  I even did a full search
> on my c: for *.db*

Normally they're in your_app/db and have the extension .sqlite3

Fred
9770ee3431156709c728f6105dd98f0d?d=identicon&s=25 Bosko Ivanisevic (Guest)
First look at your config/database.yml. In newly created rails
application you'll find location of your database file for all three
environments (development, test and production). But this will not
create your database. In order to create it run:

rake db:create

After that you'll find your database file in db folder (if you didn't
change database.yml). For complete list of rake tasks run:

rake -T

On Mar 23, 1:50 pm, Vince Gilbert <rails-mailing-l...@andreas-s.net>
1c86ce2ff3d15dc1af340075e245dc63?d=identicon&s=25 Vince Gilbert (vfgilber)
on 2009-03-23 20:29
Bosko Ivanisevic wrote:
> First look at your config/database.yml. In newly created rails
> application you'll find location of your database file for all three
> environments (development, test and production). But this will not
> create your database. In order to create it run:
>
> rake db:create
>
> After that you'll find your database file in db folder (if you didn't
> change database.yml). For complete list of rake tasks run:
>
> rake -T
>
> On Mar 23, 1:50?pm, Vince Gilbert <rails-mailing-l...@andreas-s.net>

Thank you very much for your replies.  My application is up and running
with data in it.  I just couldn't find the database.  I want to go in
and and a few columns and some more records.