Forum: Ruby on Rails InstantRails and new gems

59193d8082ee0fe75675d3bb376cf2ba?d=identicon&s=25 Pierre Pierre (pierre_p)
on 2009-03-23 06:08
Folks,

I'm not sure this is the best place to ask the following question, but
someone might still know the answer.

I currently can't install anything on this computer (hence no ruby
interpreter), I thought about getting InstantRails with which you can
open a console with ruby running.
I also wanted to add a new gem (wxruby2), I could install the gem
correctly but when I run my code, it'll tell me: no such file to load --
wxruby2 (LoadError)

Anyone has an idea how I can install (and use) new gems with
InstantRails?

Cheers
D69d23d8e811e8ab2a8593380d6ede63?d=identicon&s=25 Jeff Emminger (jemminger)
perhaps you need

  require 'wxruby2'

in your code?  or maybe

  require 'rubygems'
  require 'wxruby2'

On Mar 23, 1:08 am, Pierre Pierre <rails-mailing-l...@andreas-s.net>
59193d8082ee0fe75675d3bb376cf2ba?d=identicon&s=25 Pierre Pierre (pierre_p)
on 2009-03-24 02:51
Jeff Emminger wrote:
> perhaps you need
>
>   require 'wxruby2'
>
> in your code?  or maybe
>
>   require 'rubygems'
>   require 'wxruby2'
>

> On Mar 23, 1:08?am, Pierre Pierre <rails-mailing-l...@andreas-s.net>

I have the "require" in my code.
I somehow imagine that it's the console which doesn't look it the
correct path, but I don't really know how to fix that one :s
36ed63ef68c172f148c491418395d0b5?d=identicon&s=25 rubyguy@ymail.com (Guest)
On 24 Mar., 02:51, Pierre Pierre <rails-mailing-l...@andreas-s.net>
wrote:
> > On Mar 23, 1:08?am, Pierre Pierre <rails-mailing-l...@andreas-s.net>
>
> I have the "require" in my code.
> I somehow imagine that it's the console which doesn't look it the
> correct path, but I don't really know how to fix that one :s

Try `gem install wxruby`.

--
Best regards,
David Knorr
rubyguy@ymail.com wrote:

> Try `gem install wxruby`.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> David Knorr
> http://twitter.com/rubyguy

I reinstalled the gem, but it still can't find it :s
36ed63ef68c172f148c491418395d0b5?d=identicon&s=25 rubyguy@ymail.com (Guest)
On 24 Mar., 08:08, Pierre Pierre <rails-mailing-l...@andreas-s.net>
wrote:
> ruby...@ymail.com wrote:
>
> > Try `gem install wxruby`.
>
> > --
> > Best regards,
> > David Knorr
> >http://twitter.com/rubyguy
>
> I reinstalled the gem, but it still can't find it :s

Are you having multiple versions of Rubygems installed, or something?

--
Best regards,
David Knorr
rubyguy@ymail.com wrote:
> Are you having multiple versions of Rubygems installed, or something?
>
> --
> Best regards,
> David Knorr
> http://twitter.com/rubyguy

No, I'm running everything within the InstantRails's ruby console...
Though the gem is installed correctly, I can't use it.
Maybe when its launching that ruby console it's somehow not taking care
of the gems, but I wouldn't see why...